Reef Surfari Snorkel Excursion is presently practicing social distance recommendations as well as CDC guidelines for sterilization and disinfection. The boat is completely disinfected following each excursion and all equipment such as masks and snorkels are sterilized after each use. Clients may feel free to bring personal gear if desired, and new gear may be purchased at either of our retail location prior to departure.
OCEAN SURFARI SNORKEL ADVENTURE
Leave from from picture perfect Red Hook Harbor on St. Thomas or the National Park Dock in Cruz Bay St John. Cruise to the St John National Park and USVI’s best spots for snorkeling aboard the island’s newest snorkel boat, Ocean Surfari’s 47 foot ‘Reef Surfari’. Over 40% of Virgin Islands National Park is underwater! The best way to enjoy this spectacular underwater National Park is by boat. Our new boat is fast, safe and provides the perfect transport to the area’s clearest, most exciting waters for snorkeling. Spacious and comfortable, with plenty of shade aboard.
The Reef Surfari Power Catamaran has a refreshment bar stocked with beer, soda, water, rum punch, and painkillers for your post snorkel adventure. She comfortably holds 49 passengers and so is perfect for groups, or individuals wanting to find the best snorkeling in the USVI. A four-hour excursion with Capt. Chris Rapchick will get you over an hour and a half of facetime with the most beautiful tropical fish, breathtaking live coral reefs and an occasional peek into the Caribbean pirate history that is the USVI. To ensure maximum enjoyment by all guests, and protect our beautiful reef environment, there is no smoking aboard the Reef Surfari.
The Reef Surfari will depart from Red Hook at 9am, cross the bay and pickup at the National Park dock in Cruz Bay at 9:30am. We will then take guests into the National Park to experience sensational, world-class snorkeling. Reef Surfari will then return to the National Park Dock in Cruz Bay at 12:30pm to drop off guests staying on St John. If St Thomas guests would like to visit St John, they may depart the vessel in St John also. Passenger ferries can return guests to St Thomas, as they run every hour on the hour until 11pm. Reef Surfari will then return to our dock in Red Hook at 1pm.
SNORKELING EXCURSIONS/BOATING ADVENTURES PACKAGES & RATES
While staying on St. Thomas, a snorkeling trip with Ocean Surfari will prove to be exhilarating, while still relaxing, and the most memorable part of your vacation. See packages below and give us a call with any questions!
National Park Snorkeling Excursion – 2 Locations
Adult (Ages 13+): $75
Child (Ages 12 and under): $45
- Leave from from picture perfect Red Hook Harbor on St. Thomas or the National Park Dock in Cruz Bay St John. Cruise to the St John National Park and USVI’s best spots for snorkeling aboard the island’s newest snorkel boat, Ocean Surfari’s 47 foot ‘Reef Surfari’. Over 40% of Virgin Islands National Park is underwater! The best way to enjoy this spectacular underwater National Park is by boat. Our new boat is fast, safe and provides the perfect transport to the area’s clearest, most exciting waters for snorkeling. Spacious and comfortable, with plenty of shade aboard.
Pizza Pi Sunset Cruise
Adult (Ages 13+): $75
Child (Ages 12 and under): $45
- Join us on a sunset pizza cruise around Pillsbury Sound aboard our new 47’ power catamaran Reef Surfari. We will depart From American Yacht Harbor in St Thomas at 4:45 and head to the National Park dock in Cruz Bay to pick up our St John guests at 5:15. From there we head to Pizza Pi, a sailboat turned craft pizza kitchen in Christmas Cove of Great St James to pick up our fresh baked pizzas. The bar onboard will be open with beer, sodas, painkillers and rum punch while we cruise around and enjoy the sunset. Our St John guests will get dropped off at 7:00-7:30 and then we return to St Thomas at 7:30-8:00 depending on the time of year.
Do It All Trip: Snorkel, Pizza & Sunset Cruise
Adult (Ages 13+): $99
Child (Ages 12 and under): $69
- Join us on Reef Surfari for the Do It All Trip. Snorkel, Pizza Dinner and Sunset Cruise all in one trip. Reef Surfari will depart at 2pm from our dock in Red Hook and swing over to St John and pick up St John guests at 215pm. We will then head to two snorkel locations in the St John National Park. After snorkeling, we will order Pizza, included in the cost of the trip, at Pizza PI or Ronnie’s Pizza in Cruz Bay. We will have pizza and open bar at a beautiful anchorage. After Pizza, we will tour the islands around St Thomas and St John. Chris will tell the history of the islands and then watch the sunset. We will have an open bar and great music while watching the sunset. We will then return to the dock at 8pm.
Full Moon Party
Adult (Ages 13+): $75
- Join us for a full moon pizza party aboard our new 47’ power catamaran Reef Surfari! The bar will be open with beer, rum punch, painkillers and sodas included. Pizza from a local pizza bar and snacks will be included as well. We will leave out of American Yacht Harbor on St Thomas at 6:00 pm and head to the National Park dock on St John to pick up guests at 6:30 pm. From there we head out to enjoy the sunset, music, pizza and drinks in Pillsbury Sound around St John. We will drop guests back at the National Park dock on St John at 9:30 pm and head back to St Thomas at 10:00 pm. Bring your friends and let’s celebrate another full moon!
$1500 plus fuel for up to 12 guests Each additional guest over 12 is $80 per person for adults and $40 for children 12 and under.
- $500 Off for excursions through Nov. 13
- Have an amazing private eight hour excursion aboard our brand new 47 foot, 49 passenger, high speed catamaran, Reef Surfari. Explore St Thomas, St John, Water Island, Lovango Cay and other islands in the United States Virgin Islands. Snorkel the crystal clear waters of the St John National Park. Enjoy the top of the line JBL sound system while enjoying complimentary drinks, beer, soda and water.
- A 20% gratuity will be added to all private Reef Surfari charters.
If you are looking for a unique fun adventure while in the USVI this excursion is perfect for you.
Our famous turquoise blue water and white sand, and abundant sea life consistently rank St. Thomas as one of the “Worlds Best Places” to snorkel.
GET THE GEAR Your Getaway begins at Ocean Surfari Outfitters in Red Hook where you can acquire any last minute items like rash guards, sunglasses, swimsuits or sun block, then our high speed catamaran, the Reef Surfari will transport you to the islands hottest spots for snorkeling. You will see some of the most beautiful reefs in the world, swim with colorful marine life like Turtles, Rays and abundant beautiful tropical fish.
Aboard the Reef Surfari our guests can enjoy refreshing complimentary beverages that are also available aboard the vessel. This is a great way to end your unforgettable adventure with Ocean Surfari and the Reef Surfari Snorkel Boat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW LARGE A GROUP CAN I BRING SNORKELING?
A: The Reef Surfari can comfortably accommodate 49 adults. Call for a group rate for parties over six at (340) 227-5448
CAN I BRING CHILDREN SNORKELING?
A: Yes. While snorkeling on the Reef Surfari is not recommended for very young children due to the nature of the event. Young people love to snorkel and are welcome as long as they are good to excellent swimmers.
WHERE DO I GO TO BEGIN MY SNORKELING ADVENTURE?
A: Excursions begin at our Ocean Surfari store at 6300 Smith Bay Road, next to the Red Hook Ferry terminal. Come early and feed the Monster Tarpon from our dock!
WHAT DOES IT COST TO SNORKEL WITH OCEAN SURFARI?
A: $75 for adults, $45 for children under 12
IS THERE A BATHROOM ON THE BOAT?
A: Yes, all Ocean Surfari boats are bathroom equipped. The Reef Surfari also serves complimentary beverages on board.
CAN ST. JOHN VISITORS ENJOY REEF SURFARI SNORKELING?
A: Absolutely, the 8am Cruz Bay ferry to St. Thomas will bring you right to our docks in Red Hook (See map below). After a thrilling excursion, we will have you back for the 2pm ferry back to Saint John. This will have you on our island’s turquoise blue waters for most of the day … what could be better?
WHERE TO FIND US
St. John visitors can take the 8am ferry from Cruz Bay docks directly to our St. Thomas Red Hook docks to enjoy a snorkeling excursion aboard Reef Surfari. We will have you back in time to catch the 2pm ferry back to St. John. When making your reservation with us, please let us know you will be coming from St. John.