SNORKELING TOURS & ADVENTURES
Leave from picture perfect Red Hook Harbor on St. Thomas or the beach in Cruz Bay, St John. Cruise to the St John National Park and USVI’s best spots for snorkeling aboard the island’s newest snorkel boat, Ocean Surfari’s 47 foot 'Reef Surfari'. Over 40% of Virgin Islands National Park is underwater! The best way to enjoy this spectacular underwater National Park is by boat. Our new boat is fast, safe and provides the perfect transport to the area’s clearest, most exciting waters for snorkeling. Spacious and comfortable, with plenty of shade aboard.
The Reef Surfari Power Catamaran has a refreshment bar stocked with beer, soda, water, rum punch, and painkillers for your post snorkel adventure. She comfortably holds 49 passengers and so is perfect for groups, or individuals wanting to find the best snorkeling in the USVI. A 3.5hour excursion with our highly experienced Captains and Crew will get you over an hour and a half of facetime with the most beautiful tropical fish, breathtaking live coral reefs and an occasional peek into the Caribbean pirate history that is the USVI. To ensure maximum enjoyment by all guests, and protect our beautiful reef environment, there is no smoking aboard the Reef Surfari.
The Reef Surfari will depart from Red Hook at 9am, cross the bay and pickup at the National Park dock in Cruz Bay at 9:30am. We will then take guests into the National Park to experience sensational, world-class snorkeling. Reef Surfari will then return to the National Park Dock in Cruz Bay at 12:30pm to drop off guests staying on St John. If St Thomas guests would like to visit St John, they may depart the vessel in St John also. Passenger ferries can return guests to St Thomas, as they run every hour on the hour until 11pm. Reef Surfari will then return to our dock in Red Hook at 1pm.
SNORKELING EXCURSIONS/BOATING ADVENTURES PACKAGES & RATES
While staying on St. Thomas, a snorkeling trip with Ocean Surfari will prove to be exhilarating, while still relaxing, and the most memorable part of your vacation. See packages below and give us a call with any questions!
National Park Snorkeling Excursion - 2 Locations
Adult (Ages 13+): $75
Child (Ages 12 and under): $45
- Leave from from picture perfect Red Hook Harbor on St. Thomas or the beach in Cruz Bay St John. Cruise to the St John National Park and USVI’s best spots for snorkeling aboard the island’s newest snorkel boat, Ocean Surfari’s 47 foot 'Reef Surfari'. Over 40% of Virgin Islands National Park is underwater! The best way to enjoy this spectacular underwater National Park is by boat. Our new boat is fast, safe and provides the perfect transport to the area’s clearest, most exciting waters for snorkeling. Spacious and comfortable, with plenty of shade aboard.
Do It All Trip: Snorkel, Pizza & Sunset Cruise
Adult (Ages 13+): $99
Child (Ages 12 and under): $69
- Join us on Reef Surfari for the Do It All Trip. Snorkel, Pizza Dinner and Sunset Cruise all in one trip. Reef Surfari will depart at 2pm from our dock in Red Hook and swing over to St John and pick up St John guests at 215pm. We will then head to two snorkel locations in the St John National Park. After snorkeling, we will order Pizza, included in the cost of the trip, at Pizza PI or Ronnie's Pizza in Cruz Bay. We will have pizza and open bar at a beautiful anchorage. After Pizza, we will tour the islands around St Thomas and St John. Chris will tell the history of the islands and then watch the sunset. We will have an open bar and great music while watching the sunset. We will then return to the dock at 8pm.
St. James Snorkel And Pizza Party
Adult (Ages 13+): $75
Child (Ages 12 and under): $45
- Join us for a morning snorkel and pizza lunch around Little and Great St James in the St Thomas East End Reserves marine sanctuary. We leave from P dock at American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook at 9am and head to St John to pick up guests on the beach in Cruz Bay at 9:20. From there we cruise over to a snorkel spot to see beautiful coral reefs and tropical fish at Little St James. Next, we head to Christmas Cove at Great St James for another fantastic snorkel while we wait for our fresh pizza lunch to be delivered via dinghy from Pizza PI, the sailboat famous for their pizza kitchen. Sodas, water, beer, rum punch and painkillers are available with the open bar (alcohol is served AFTER snorkeling is done). After an early lunch, we cruise back to St John to drop our guests off at 12 and then head back to St Thomas at 12:30.
- Pizza, snacks, drinks and snorkel gear are all included
- Full facemask are also available for rental and new mouth pieces are available for purchase.
Private Reef Surfari Excursion
$2900 plus fuel for up to 25 guests Additional guests up to 37 is $100 per person for adults ages 13+ and $40 for children 12 and under.
- Have an amazing private eight hour excursion aboard our brand new 47 foot, 49 passenger, high speed catamaran, Reef Surfari. Explore St Thomas, St John, Water Island, Lovango Cay and other islands in the United States Virgin Islands. Snorkel the crystal clear waters of the St John National Park. Enjoy the top of the line JBL sound system while enjoying complimentary drinks, beer, soda and water.
- A 20% gratuity will be added to all private Reef Surfari charters.
Your Getaway begins at Ocean Surfari in Red Hook where you can acquire any last-minute items like rash guards, sunglasses, swimsuits or sun block. Then our high-speed catamaran Reef Surfari will transport you to the islands' hottest spots for snorkeling. You will see some of the most beautiful reefs in the world, swim with colorful marine life like Turtles, Rays and abundant beautiful tropical fish.
Aboard Reef Surfari our guests can enjoy refreshing complimentary beverages (alcoholic beverages available after snorkeling) and relax in the sun on the front deck after snorkeling. This is a great way to end your unforgettable adventure with Ocean Surfari and the Reef Surfari snorkel boat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A: The Reef Surfari can comfortably accommodate 49 adults. Call for a group rate for parties over six at (340) 227-5448
A: Yes. While snorkeling on the Reef Surfari is not recommended for very young children due to the nature of the event. Young people love to snorkel and are welcome as long as they are good to excellent swimmers.
A: Excursions begin at our Ocean Surfari store at 6300 Smith Bay Road, next to the Red Hook Ferry terminal. Come early and feed the Monster Tarpon from our dock!
A: $75 for adults, $45 for children under 12
A: Yes, all Ocean Surfari boats are bathroom equipped. The Reef Surfari also serves complimentary beverages on board.
A: Yes! Reef Surfari picks up guests on the beach in front of the Ocean Surfari retail store in downtown Cruz Bay next to the ferry dock.